Friday, October 4, 2013

Challenge #39 Halloween it's Friday!!!

#39
Challenge:   Halloween
October 1 - 7th, 2013

Hello there....Lynda here from Positive Force.  Our theme this week is to create a Halloween project.  I decided to create two things.  Both feature the Spookalicious stamp set and matching dies from Paper Smooches and the wonderful pattern papers from Bazzill's Arsenic and Lace line.

For my card I first cut out the shapes for the bat and the vampire.  I then stamped onto the paper.  I then colored in the vampire using my Copic markers.  I then stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of cardstock.  I then began using scraps of the pattern paper to create my card design.  I finished off the card with some corner doodles using a white gel pen.  I think he's fangtastic!!


I then decided to make a tag using the owl from the same stamp set.  I cut out the shape using the matching die and then stamped the image on to the cardstock.  I then colored it in with my Copic markers.  I then added the google eyes.  The tiny top hat was cut from the pattern paper design and glued to the top of the owl.  The front of the tag was covered with a piece of the pattern paper and a coordinating piece of cardstock that had been embossed.  Lastly the sentiment and ribbon trim were added to the tag.


(Oh...did you notice the sentiment says "hootiful" and not "bootiful"?  I only inked the top of the letters so it matched my "owl" theme tag...fun right???)

There is still time to get in on the Halloween theme challenge.  You have until October 7th to get your project linked up!!

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'. 

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on October 11 2013.

You can link your project Here.

Happy crafting....Lynda



2 comments:

  1. Awesome projects!! Your bat and vampire are spooky! Love the fun owl tag and the sentiment is perfect!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable owl tag, I love owls:)
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete