Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekly Challenge #21-Wednesday

#21
Challenge:   Use a Photo
May 28 - June 3, 2013

Hello Everyone. Teresa R. here! I absolutely love scrapbooking. It is such a passion for me. I would like to share the reason why I scrapbook with you. Growing up as a kid my parents did not take a whole lot of photos at all...of course that was the day of expensive film developing as well...so, we had a less than normal amount of photos lying around than most people do anyhow. Well, due to an unfortunate series of events my mom's photos got transported with her sister to Minnesota...my aunt passed and well those photos lay in someone's attic in a farmhouse in MN. What I would not give to have those photos back! So, I only have 3 photos of my childhood and only have 2 photos of my mom...so I vowed not to let that happen in my family. I tend to go overboard with most things I do so scrapbooking is really important to me. I need a whole room for supplies...which I have...but I also need a whole room for completed scrapbook albums which I don't have. They are in transition right now as I try to find a place for them. 

I have been working extremely hard lately to try and get current in my annual scrapbooks. This layout is a very cute picture my daughter posted on Facebook one day of my grandson...I knew I just had to snag it and scrapbook that picture. 



I used a coveted line of paper from Basic Grey called Origins. I fell in love with this paper several years ago when it came out but I was unable to get any of it. Recently, my girlfriend Daphne presented me with a whole little package of it as a surprise. I was so extremely excited and it was just the perfect paper for this layout!

Thanks so much for listening to me ramble on. I will leave you with this one little tip...cherish those photographs of your families memories cause one day they could be gone!



We'd love you to link up and join our challenge!

Please make sure your blog posts has a link back to us.  

Go Here  to enter your creations.

1 comments:

  1. Teresa, I love to see your layouts and I love to hear your reasons for scrapping and your "ramblings"! I am so sorry to hear about your lack of photos from your childhood and of your Mother!
    So sad and so happy you are more than making up for that!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete